
setting up camp in Veirnheim

notice Andy's new livery
My first competition in Europe is over...phew.....we went to Veirnheim, there were 19 pony pairs competing including Michael Freund!! We got there at about noon on Thursday...set up camp and stables, Bettina and I checked in to the Hotel Central where we all are staying..back to show grounds for dressage lesson with Michael then we at The Coyote Cafe....finally a huge salad on the menu..Friday an early start as dressage started at 8, I was the ?8th to go I think...warmed up perfectly....drove the test accurately but no life in the ponies so we were 16th out of 19...not a good start....no marathon for us on Saturday so I was able to watch a lot......trained cones late Saturday with Michael...good.....since I was a no score cuz of no marathon I went first in cones.....we had a good run...2 balls and 2 sec slow.....stayed in 2nd place for a long time..then 3rd...and then the top scorers went and I dropped to 7th...but I was pleased ...and always a lot of room for improvement....back in Gotzenheim now...day off for ponies.
more pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment